a guest post by Neha Singh Most Abu Dhabi holidays …
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES
Location: Middle East
Capital: Abu Dhabi
Area: 83 600 km2
Population: 9 890 400
Official language: Arabic
Other spoken languages: English, Hindi, Tagalog and other immigrant languages.
Ethnic groups: Emirati Arabs, South Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi), Egyptians, Filipino, others
Currency: UAE Dirham (1 USD = 3,67 AED; 1 EUR = 4,34 AED)
Basic facts: UAE is an elective monarchy, formed from a federation of seven emirates.
- UAE is one of the richest countries in the Middle East, due to its oil deposits.
- Dubai is the most famous city in the UAE, and one of the richest cities in the world, but it is not the country’s capital.
- Burj Khalifa is currently the tallest building in the world, and it is located in Dubai.
- The United Arab Emirates are established on a desert land, and its main geographical features include sand and stone deserts, as well as beaches at the Persian Gulf.
- UAE is a newly blooming country, and its nation has formed by mix of the local Arab people with many immigrants, mainly from South Asia.
10 best destinations and routes in UAE:
Abu Dhabi: The capital of the UAE, the second largest city in the country, presenting modern architecture and life.
Dubai: The largest city in the UAE, one of the most popular tourist destinations and the face of the country.
Sharjah: The third largest city in the UAE, the capital of one of the emirates, full of modern and traditional culture and landmarks.
Fujairah and Khor Fakkan: Two cities at the only Gulf of Oman coastline of the UAE, great starting points for exploring this coastline, its beaches and beauty.
Umm al-Quwain: The capital of one of the emirates, on the Khor al-Bidiyah Peninsula, presenting modern and traditional culture.
Liwa Oasis: A long and narrow oasis area in the southernmost part of the UAE, at the edge of Rub al-Khali Desert, known for its picturesque villages. Great place to explore the desert.
Hatta and Hajar Mountains: An exclave of Dubai Emirate, located at the border with Oman, the best place to explore Hajar Mountains- the only mountains in the UAE.
Al Ain: Known as the “Garden City”, it is located in the easternmost part of Abu Dhabi Emirate, deep in the desert and near the border with Oman.
Ras al Khaimah: The northernmost big city in the UAE, an emirate capital. It is known for its archaeological sites, and its local traditional and modern life.
Sir Bani-Yas Island: An island in the westernmost part of the UAE, known for its rich nature and wildlife.