The vibrant city of Ford Lauderdale, Florida is well-known for …
Location: North America
Area: 9 833 520 km2
Population: 331 893 745
Official language: English
Other spoken languages: Native American languages, Hawaian.
Ethnic groups: Americans, Hispanic-Latino, Native Americans, Hawaians.
Basic facts: USA (United States of America) is a Federal Presidential Constitutional Republic, one of the largest countries in the world.
Travel facts and tips:
- The United States of America consists of a Federal District, 50 states and overseas territories, scattered in the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean Sea.
- The Contiguous territory of the USA called “Lower 48”, excluding Alaska, Hawaii, and the overseas territories covers a significant area between the Pacific and Atlantic oceans.
- Between the two coasts, the USA features highlands in the west, wast plains in the middle, and lower mountains in the East.
- The highest point of North America is located in the USA, Alaska. It is Mt. Denali (6190 m/20,310 ft)
- The history of the USA is divided into millenia long Indigenous era, and a few centuries of Modern era, in which the country was modelled to its current state.
10 best destinations and routes in the USA:
The central part of the East coast: This is the area of the cities of New York, the capital Washington, as well as the big cities like Philadelphia, New Jersey and more.
California: The most famous part of the West Coast, featuring cities like Los Angelos, San Francisco, San Diego, and more.
The Great Lakes: This is the area around the southern coastline of the lakes Superior, Huron, Michigan, Erie, and Ontario, featuring places like Chicago and Niagara Falls.
New England: The extreme northeast of the USA, consisting of the states of Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Florida: The extreme southeast part of the USA, featuring subtropical and tropical climate, nature, and beaches.
New Orleans and Mississippi River: The Mississippi with Missouri rivers form the longest river in North America. New Orleans is a big city at the mouth of Mississipi.
Kansas-Oklahoma: A vast plain area in the middle of the USA, known as the “Tornado Alley”.
Rocky Mountains: A long mountain chain, a part of the Cordilleras of the Americas, stretching along the West Coast of the continent.
Alaska: A large exclave of the USA, occupying the extreme northwest of North America.
Hawaii: A volcanic archipelago in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, turned into one of the 50 states of the country.
The US is blessed with both a wide variety of …
Rockhounding Hotspots: Discovering Hidden Gems Across The US Read More »
Looking to explore the vibrancy of Houston, Texas for your …
Exploring the Vibrant Energy of Houston: A Guide to the Heart of Texas Read More »
Exploring the Earth includes exploring everything on it. Not just …
Are you a Baltimorean planning a trip to New York …
From the Statue of Liberty to Times Square: A Baltimorean’s Guide to NYC Read More »